Location: Ladera Ranch, CA – Corporate Office
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing annual tax and audit schedules, processing payroll and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess advanced Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing monthly consolidated financial statements
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Reconciling bank accounts monthly
- Payroll processing
- Working with PEO on administrative HR duties such as launching benefit open enrollment and making pay changes
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets
- Assisting with annual tax and audit preparations
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies and issues of non-compliance
- Assist with the international and domestic financial statement consolidation process
- Coordinate and review monthly reporting from our property accounting department
- Produce corporate journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Support integration of new acquisitions and purchase price allocations
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc supplemental financial schedules as requested
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports for variance analysis
- Coordinate and assist with external financial statement audits
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance, public accounting, and/or private company accounting experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills; must be able to drive a project forward
- Time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work quickly with Assistant Controller to resolve any issues
- Must be detailed oriented while multi-tasking at a fast-paced company
- Ability to utilize creative thinking to resolve issues
- Must be hands-on and work effectively in a demanding environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Experience with Great Plains and ERP systems a plus, but not required
- Real Estate experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to perform technical accounting research preferred, but not required
- CPA or in process of licensure preferred, but not required
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. SmartStop considers all individuals on an equal basis. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Able and available to work 32 to 40 hours per week on average.
SmartStop is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefit Package | Medical plan | Dental plan | Vision plan
- 401(K) with employer match
- Supplemental life insurance | long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid vacation time and sick time
Strategic Asset Management I, LLC, is fully committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, status as a parent or any other legally protected status. We believe in fostering an environment of inclusion, and seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our dynamic team. SmartStop is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of typical job requirements and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, or duties.
How Do I Apply
- Download the application to your computer, print it out and complete the application.
- Fax it to (949) 861-6364 or Email it to email@example.com.
Strategic Asset Management I, LLC
10 Terrace Rd.
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
T: (949) 429.6600
F: (949) 429.6606